- Cosmetics for hair shine
- Rating products for shine and smoothness of hair
- What should I do to make my hair shine?
- I'm afraid to overload the already thin curls with products for a mirror shine of hair. What to do in this case?
- Which smoothing products are best for oily hair types?
- I choose the right care, including products for shine and smoothness of hair, but my hair is still dull. What to do?
Beautiful shiny hair looks well-groomed even without styling. How to achieve a he althy glow and what products will help?
Cosmetics for hair shine
What determines whether the strands will shine? First of all, how to take care of your hair. If the care is competent, then all the characteristics of the hair will improve, including their smoothness and elasticity. The he althy shine of the strands largely depends on these parameters.
The beauty industry offers a variety of cosmetics that not only make hair shiny and smooth, but also strengthen their he alth. What options do hair shine products have?
Hair Shine Shampoo
It's no secret that hair care starts with cleansing. It is important to choose a shampoo that will suit the type of scalp and meet the individual needs of your hair.
- If you are worried about frizzy hairs sticking out in different directions, we recommend that you take a closer look at smoothing shampoos that can close the scales of the cuticle layer of the hair.
- Colored curls need special shampoos to help keep the new shade longer.
- Dry and brittle hair is shown shampoos with natural oils in the composition. Such products will make the hair soft and silky.
- Sulfate-free shampoos will help restore damaged strands. According to the editors, this is the best remedy for smoothing weakened hair.
Hair shine conditioner
Stylists recommend using conditioner after shampooing for a reason.It disciplines the strands, closing the scales of the cuticle layer and thereby smoothing the hair. Smooth hair looks shiny due to the return of the ability to reflect light. If you wash your hair with shampoo without subsequent use of conditioner, the curls run the risk of remaining naughty and uncontrollably fluffy.
We recommend choosing shampoo and conditioner from the same series: they will complement each other, increasing the effectiveness of the final result.
If the conditioner makes your curls greasy, then you have chosen the wrong product or are using it incorrectly. Check out the instructions. The conditioner should not weigh down the hair or leave a greasy film on it. It must be thoroughly washed off with warm water, do not keep longer than the recommended 1-2 minutes.
A hair mask can do a great job of making your hair shiny and smooth. Unlike conditioner or balm, the mask acts on the hair more intensively and can even penetrate the hair cortex.
You should not abuse masks, otherwise you can overload your hair and get the opposite effect instead of shine - untidy dull strands. It is optimal to use the mask once or twice a week.
Oil is another way to add shine to hair. It is suitable for girls with dry curls who need intensive nutrition. Oils are not recommended for oily hair.The advantage of hair oils is that they can be applied at any time: on wet or dry curls, before shampooing or on clean hair.
The oil will not only add shine and smoothness to the curls, but also heal the hair. By the way, oil-based products will help discipline even naughty and curly hair.
Perhaps the gloss spray is the most popular product in this category of cosmetics. It is easy to use and you can always take it with you to freshen up your hair throughout the day.
Sprays come in different profiles: smoothing, moisturizing, light-reflecting, etc. When choosing a product, you need to consider the type and personal needs of the hair.
Folk remedies for hair shine
Are there any folk remedies and recipes that help the strands to gain a lively shine and smoothness? Of course there is - and a lot. Here are just a few of the categories:
- various decoctions for rinsing hair, for example, a decoction of nettle or birch leaves;
- masks based on honey or olive oil;
- homemade starch-based balm.
Unfortunately, folk remedies are not always effective, and the result can be completely unpredictable.
Not sure if it makes sense to risk the he alth and beauty of your hair by testing recipes from the Internet on yourself, when you can use ready-made factory products with proven effectiveness without any effort on your part.These products are developed by specialists, have a balanced composition and pass all the necessary tests before entering the general sale.
Professional Hair Shine Treatments
If you take your hair seriously, then you can't do without visiting a beauty salon.
What can the modern beauty industry offer? Let's talk about several professional procedures for smooth hair.
- Glossing. During the procedure, special serums and deep action solutions are applied to the curls. After glossing, the hair looks nourished and radiant.
- Lamination. A more drastic measure that is suitable for very dull and damaged hair. When laminating, a thin film remains on the surface of the hair, which smoothes and straightens it.
- Professional hair care. This path is chosen by those who do not want to expose their curls to any chemical attack.Usually these are masks and serums, individually selected for your hair type. We recommend doing this treatment with professional hair shine products once every few months.
Evgeniy Sedoy Color expert, GarnierIf you color your hair, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and follow all the steps exactly as indicated there. Try to use hot styling as little as possible. Hot styling is not the use of a hair dryer. This is the use of tongs and irons. If you like curls, waves, use curlers, including thermal curlers. They are not as hot as curling irons, yes, it is a little longer, but it will allow you to take care of your hair and keep it shiny and he althy for a long time.
Rating products for shine and smoothness of hair
Looking for the best, if not the best, product for shiny and smooth hair? We are ready to share a selection of our favorite products designed to add shine to your hair at home.
Mythic Oil by L'Oréal Professionnel
Our favorite is L'Oréal Professionnel Nourishing Hair Oil. The oil works both on the surface of the hair and at the structural level. The invisible enveloping film does not weigh down the curls, making them silky and smooth.
Mythic Oil is perfect for dry and fine damaged hair. Oil can be applied both before styling and after it - for shine of hair.
Matrix Mega Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner
If you are worried about dry ends and dull hair, then the Total Results Mega Sleek series will definitely appeal to you. Shampoo and conditioner work in combination - they quickly return he althy shine to curls and make them obedient.
Botanicals Fresh Care for colored hair by L'Oréal Paris
Dyed curls with improper care quickly fade and lose their luster.To prevent this from happening, L’Oréal Paris experts have developed the Botanicals Fresh Care Geranium line, which includes shampoo, balm, mask and spray. These products together protect the color from washing out and deeply moisturize the hair.
Cream-restorer for damaged hair “Elseve. Full Recovery"
Special cream with keratin has a regenerating effect and successfully restores hair. Already after the first application, the hair looks more well-groomed, and the hair acquires a he althy shine. The cream can also be used as a thermal protection: with it, your strands are not afraid of temperatures up to 230 ° C.
What should I do to make my hair shine?
Why did your hair stop shining? Let's see what the reasons are.
- Inappropriate care. Stained, split ends, oily or dry - all this plays an important role when choosing care products. Sometimes it takes more than one month to search for "their" beauty products, but the result is worth it.
- Lifestyle. Perhaps it makes no sense to talk about the benefits of proper nutrition, quality sleep and exercise. Lack of sleep, an unbalanced diet and a lack of physical activity have a negative impact on the woman's body as a whole. Conversely, if he althy habits become part of your lifestyle, your body will thank you, and this will be reflected in the shine of your hair.
- Too frequent dyeing. This is especially true for those who repaint from brunette to blonde. The impact of persistent dyes threatens sooner or later to deprive the curls of shine and beautiful radiance. Try to maintain color through a competent choice of care products, and choose only high-quality hair dyes.
- Heat styling without thermal protection. High temperatures are the enemy of he althy shine and elasticity of hair.
Let's ask the stylists some questions and find out what else you can do to make your hair shine beautifully.
I'm afraid to overload the already thin curls with products for a mirror shine of hair. What to do in this case?
Apply conditioner to the entire length of your hair, stepping back a couple of centimeters from the roots. The tool will close the scales of the cuticle and make the curls flowing and soft without weighing them down.
Which smoothing products are best for oily hair types?
Try to choose only those products that will be marked "for oily hair."
I choose the right care, including products for shine and smoothness of hair, but my hair is still dull. What to do?
Maybe not all remedies are right for you. In this case, it is better to contact a specialist for an individual selection of special cosmetics and necessary procedures.
Evgeniy Sedoy Color expert, GarnierChoose products according to your hair type and remember to wash your hair as often as it gets dirty.There is no need to wash your hair as little as possible to keep it he althy. This does not correlate with their quality in any way, but makes them look very untidy. Therefore, take care of your hair, style it properly, choose quality products according to the type of your hair from manufacturers who use natural ingredients in their products.